Wednesday 6 January 2016

EH: 2/01/2016 Film Shoot Reflection

On our 8 hour film shoot in the locations Dunton Green, The House and Riverhead Tesco, I was the assistant-director and used the shot list that I wrote, to oversee the filming. I organised the shooting by taking the storyboards that I drew to the filming location as a reference for the type of shots that Dylan and myself required in the opening.
Aisle4BTSJon_05.JPG
I used the clapperboard iPad app to assist in editing, so that when reviewing our footage, we would be able to easily tell which shot and take number it was, allowing for us to quickly locate the most successful clip that we need. It also allowed me to call ‘3, 2, 1 Action!’ with the number 1 often coinciding with myself pressing the clapboard button, allowing for organised filming to only start once everyone was ready.


We first encountered the issue of our scheduled actress not being able to attend the shoot, but luckily we managed to source another actress, who performed well and was easy to direct and thus we overcome the problem. We also encountered the problem of having a limited time to shoot in Dunton Green and Riverhead Tesco, with only 2 hours for each location, and thus I had to plan out which shot we were doing next in advance, and quickly inform the crew to which shot we were doing next immediately after finishing the previous. This also meant me grouping together all the shots in the location which required specific equipment set up, such as filming all shots requiring the track first and then filming the others, so that the track wouldn’t interfere in the set design.
me on clapboard.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment